1. What is double taxation?
- It is a case where tax is being levied twice from the same amount of income in two or more states.
2. What is a Double Taxation Agreement?
- An agreement between Thailand and other countries to avoid or eliminate double taxation.
3. How many Double Taxation Agreements that Thailand has concluded?
- Thailand has 52 agreements with other countries.
4. Does Thailand have a double taxation agreement with Hong Kong?
5. What happens if the rate of tax stipulated in the Revenue Code is different from that of an agreement?
- Apply the rate which is more beneficial to the taxpayer.
6. Who is eligible to benefits granted in the double taxation agreements which Thailand has?
- Residents of Thailand and the contracting states.
7. Which taxes are covered by the double taxation agreement?
- Income tax and Petroleum income tax.
8. What is the meaning of a permanent establishment?
- A fixed place of business through which the business of the enterprise is carried on.
9. What is the method for elimination of double taxation provided in the agreement?
- In a double taxation agreement, there are credit and exemption methods.
10. Is there any difference between a double tax agreement and double tax convention?
- In practice, there is no real difference.